The Bureau’s Healthy Youth Program (HYP) provides substance abuse education, prevention, intervention, and treatment that is geared specifically to the needs of adolescents and young adults ages 12 to 25 years old.
Services available through the Healthy Youth Program include:
- Drug and alcohol screening and assessment for youth age 12 to 25 years old;
- Early intervention strategies to help young people and families keep substance abuse problems from escalating;
- Outpatient Treatment, including individual and group counseling for youths, as well as family counseling when needed;
- Aftercare Services to help young people maintain a healthy lifestyle;
- Coordination of Services to ensure that young people receive quality care and support from the many people, organizations, and systems that are active in their lives;
- Referrals to intensive outpatient, inpatient residential treatment, or other community services as needed.
HYP is coordinated by a State of Vermont Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (LADC). The Program utilizes a holistic approach to treatment that emphasizes relationship building, draws on a variety of treatment approaches to address needs, and is flexible to the unique challenges of young people seeking treatment.
For more information about the Healthy Youth Program, contact Bert Klavens, LADC, at 229-9151 or email@example.com.