Awarded in December 2013, Washington County is one of six regions in VT funded by the Vermont Department of Health through the Regional Prevention Partnership (RPP). The Washington County RPP promotes healthy communities by employing the following strategies:
- Community mobilization through a countywide communications campaign;
- Education on Policy Approaches to restrict alcohol in public places and at community events;
- Enhanced Law Enforcement efforts such as Saturation Patrols & Party Patrols;
- Media Advocacy;
- Education & Outreach to the community on proper storage & safe disposal of unused prescription drugs;
- Outreach to pharmacists and prescribers on providing education to patients on prescription drug misuse, safe storage & disposal;
- Promote substance abuse awareness for High School and College students through eCheckup to go and other methods.
For more information, please contact John Boyer at 229-9151 or email@example.com.