The Bureau has many opportunities for community members to volunteer their time and help young people and their families achieve their fullest potential. These opportunities include:
- Leading workshops and chaperoning trips after school with the Basement Teen Center
- Serving as a mentor for youth ages 12-17 at the Basement Teen Center.
- Serving as a mentor to a 16-22 year old young man in the Return House program who is reentering the community from jail. Mentors must be 25 or older.
- Cooking dinner with young men or helping with activities for Return House.
- Providing short-term shelter to young people in your home through Country Roads.
- Serving and delivering meals at the annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner.
- Dedicating a year of service to youth as an AmeriCorps or A*VISTA member.
For more information about Volunteering at the Bureau, please call 229-9151.
To ensure safe and quality programs, all volunteers are interviewed by Bureau staff and are subject to a background check through the Vermont Department of Public Safety.