Please join us for the
47th Annual Free Community Thanksgiving Dinner
November 28, 2019 from 11:30am—2:00 pm
At the Bethany Church,
115 Main Street, Montpelier, VT
For the 47th year, we are pleased to present a family style sit down meal at the Bethany Church with all the traditional “fixings”…and to offer delivery to those who are unable to leave their homes to attend. Over the years our meal has become a social gathering for community members of all ages. The Bethany Church is fully ADA accessible.
Last Year’s Thanksgiving Highlights!
- 219 community members volunteered on Thanksgiving Day
- 716 total meals were served
- 356 meals were served at the Bethany Church sit down dinner
- 360 dinners were delivered to those unable to leave their homes in Washington County
- Living up to their Do Good reputation, National Life Group Foundation kindly donated the funds to cover all our turkeys in 2018!
- We served 60 turkeys, 300 pounds of squash, 200 pounds of potatoes, 80+ pies baked by community members and everything else a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner has to offer.
To broaden the meal’s impact on food insecurity, each year we distribute leftovers to organizations committed to feeding our community. Last year we were pleased to share leftovers with the Bethany Bowl, Another Way Drop in Shelter and the Unitarian Church of Montpelier’s Stone Soup Kitchen. We also let our guests bring home leftovers at the end of the day.
2019 Volunteer Opportunities:
- Pie Bakers – Everyone loves pie! We need at least 75 pies for our annual dinner.
- Turkey Cookers – We provide the turkey, pan and oven bag. Turkeys can be cooked the night before.
- Prep meals and deliver throughout Washington County – Delivery preparations start at 9 am with delivery drivers arriving at 10:30 am to distribute meals throughout Washington County.
- Food Preparation, set-up, serve and clean-up at the Bethany Church sit-down meal (we have four shifts, starting at 7am and ending with clean up, hopefully by 4:00 pm)
- Donations – Thanksgiving is about more than turkey! We gratefully accept cash donations towards the meal as well as in kind donations of perishable and non-perishable goods for the meal. Examples of in kind donations are: cornstarch, cranberry sauce, paper bowls for salad, Dawn dish soap and more! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about what our current needs are. Online cash donations can be made at the bottom of the page or mailed to: WCYSB, PO Box 627, Montpelier, VT, 05602 Attn: Christine Hartman
Please e-mail email@example.com or call 802-229-9151 for information about volunteering, meal delivery, sponsorships or more!
We are extremely grateful for the community support we’ve received in the spirit of Thanksgiving. Special thanks to our sponsors: