Please join us for the
46th Annual Free Community Thanksgiving Dinner
November 22nd from 11:30am—2:00 pm
At the Bethany Church,
115 Main Street, Montpelier, VT
We are pleased to present a family style sit down meal at the Bethany Church with all the traditional “fixings”…and to offer delivery to those who are unable to leave their homes to attend. Over the years our meal has become a social gathering for community members of all ages.
2017 Thanksgiving Highlights!
- We achieved the goal of 60 turkeys collected in our first ever turkey drive!
- 239 community members volunteered on Thanksgiving Day
- 742 total meals were served
- 428 meals were served at the Bethany Church sit down dinner
- 314 dinners were delivered to those unable to leave their homes
Each year we distribute any leftovers from the meal to other organizations committed to feeding our community. Last year we were pleased to share leftovers with the Bethany Bowl and Another Way Drop in Shelter.
While laying the ground work for our 2018 Turkey Drive, we got in touch with National Life Group, where Chef Emma kindly allowed us access to her freezer space for the drive in 2017. Living up to their Do Good reputation, National Life Group Foundation has kindly donated the funds to cover all our turkeys this year! We are grateful beyond words to have this significant portion of the meal taken care of so early in the process.
2018 Volunteer Opportunities Are Met at this Time!
Special thanks to the nearly 200 community members who have signed up to:
- Cook Turkeys!
- Bake Pies!
- Prepare and deliver meals throughout Washington County!
- Set-up, serve and clean-up at the Bethany Church sit-down meal!
Many thanks to area merchants, organizations and community members for donating time, money, and food items to make this meal a tremendous success! The Community Thanksgiving Dinner would not be possible without the generous support and kindness of our community. THANK YOU!!