The Washington County Youth Service Bureau is continuing to serve youth and families during the COVID-19 epidemic.
Although our services will look different for the coming weeks as we support efforts to contain the Coronavirus, we are still providing vital services. Vulnerable youth and their families need us more than ever during this challenging time and we are committed to being here for them.
- Our office: As of Wednesday, March 18, at 5:00 pm, until at least April 6th, our Montpelier office staff will be working from home using online, phone and telehealth models. The office on Elm Street in Montpelier will be closed.
- The WCYSB phone line (802) 229-9151 will still connect you to a real personwho can direct your need to staff members who can help.
- All of our counseling and case management services will continue. In this age of technology, and because our staff already serve many clients out in the community, we are well positioned to meet the needs of clients, even without meeting in person.
- Our emergency shelter homes and housing supports will still be available for youth who have run away from home or find themselves facing homelessness. We are working with our shelter families to take special precautions to keep them and the youth they host, safe and healthy.
- The Basement Teen Center in Montpelier is creating new ways to support and help youth stay connected in the community as a Virtual Teen Center since in-person visits and activities are not an option at this time.
- Return House in Barre will continue to support young men in their effort to transition from incarceration.
What can you do?
- Call if you need assistance or want to make a referral – 802-229-9151.
- Find creative ways to include youth as we build on the spirit of community that will help us all to get through this together.
- Donate to help us continue serving our most vulnerable youth. They need us now more than ever. It is likely that we will see a loss or delay in revenue from major funding sources so community support is important to help us to maintain services at this critical time.
Thank you for your caring support!
Stay safe and healthy,