The Washington County Youth Service Bureau is continuing to serve youth and families during the COVID-19 epidemic.
Vulnerable youth and their families still need extra support as stressors mount from social isolation, economic hardship, and disrupted lives – exacerbating existing challenges and creating new ones.
The Youth Service Bureau is still here – continuing all of our services – adapting and responding to support youth and families as we have throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
As Vermont eases restrictions on activities and businesses, we remain vigilant in following state and local guidelines.
Most of our staff will continue to work from home throughout the summer (with the exception of our residential Return House program).
- All of our counseling and case management services continue to serve remotely using online, phone, and telehealth models. When staff deem it necessary, they can now hold in-person meetings with youth and families while practicing proper screening, social distancing and wearing face masks.
- Short term emergency shelter homes and housing supports are still available for youth in crisis who have run away from home or find themselves facing homelessness.
- Our Basement Teen Center continues the virtual programming and mentoring with youth. The teen center will re-open on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning July 21st.
- Return House, our residential program for young men transitioning out of prison, remains COVID free, is fully operational, and is staffed 24/7.
- Most administrative functions continue to be performed remotely. Our office on Elm Street in Montpelier continues to be closed to the public while we transition to our new location to 652 Granger Road in Berlin for August 1st.
- The WCYSB phone line (802) 229-9151 still connects you to a real person who can direct your need to staff members who can help.
What can you do?
- Call if you need assistance or want to make a referral – 802-229-9151.
- Find ways to include youth as we build on the spirit of community that will help us all to get through this together.
- Donate to help us continue serving our most vulnerable youth to address the critical and long lasting effects of this pandemic.
Thank you for your caring support!
Stay safe and healthy,